Narrow mindedness

It's been whole 24 hours and memory of one single incident of yesterday has been punching hard on my face. How can people in such a modern society be so narrow minded. The thing is there is a defect in there eyes, they only find one relation between boy and a girl. They will call you and shamelessly ask you,
what's your relation with that girl?
which girl?
 The one you were walking along with?
 " do i first need to have a relation with a girl to walk along her from the gate of my college to gurudwara. And for your answer she is a good friend of mine. "
 "I have seen you, you come here everyday"
Firstly, it's been two days and secondly Isn't it nice to come to Gurdwara everyday.
It's not allowed to sit here like this.
What is not allowed?? to come at gurudwara and sit in gurudwara?? what??
Which hostel are you from?
No , I am dayscholar
Get out of here, outsiders are not allowed.
Sir, Day-scholar means I am student of this college but I don't live in hostel.
Whatever it is, (now he turned from Punjabi to Hindi) it is not allowed to sit here like that.
I kowtowed before my lord, prayed for these pathetic brains, picked my boots and started wearing my socks. Now he was saying all that stuff to her. That was intolerable, but I had to bear all that with silence.Yet it was not over, I was again stopped at gate where I had to prove that I am from this college before I could come back home and write this post.
It has been in draft for a lot of time as I was just little hesitant but now I am sharing it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment